More than 300 department stores are closing this year, putting about 36 million square feet of vacant space back on the market, according to JLL’s latest retail report Empty to Alive: The Next Use for Department Store Space. Which begs the question, what will become of all that empty space. Well, it’s not all doom and gloom as you’ve probably read in the news. According to our research, we expect to see more restaurants, entertainment venues, grocery stores and even other department stores take up space. View what GGP and Seritage Growth Properties are doing to re-tenant their space.
- Can Co-working Work at the Mall?
- More development and company expansions bring vacancies to cyclical low
- St. Louis Retailer’s Lifestyle Focus Attracts Multi-Family Housing, Experiential Retail and Consistent Crowds
- Final Lease Agreements Signed for Hazelwood Logistics Center
- Hiro Pokè Co. Joins Restaurant Lineup at The Eatery