More than 300 department stores are closing this year, putting about 36 million square feet of vacant space back on the market, according to JLL’s latest retail report Empty to Alive: The Next Use for Department Store Space. Which begs the question, what will become of all that empty space. Well, it’s not all doom and gloom as you’ve probably read in the news. According to our research, we expect to see more restaurants, entertainment venues, grocery stores and even other department stores take up space. View what GGP and Seritage Growth Properties are doing to re-tenant their space.
- The Eatery Set to Open at One Metropolitan Square
- Forsyth remains among the most expensive streets in America
- Hildegard Priorities Invests in the Future of Jefferson County Plaza
- Non-Traditional U.S. Cities Emerge as Hubs for Tech Talent and Start-ups
- Bank of America Plaza Designated as BOMA 360 Performance Building